SAFES IN THE MOVIES
Safes have fascinated folks because of the treasures that they comprise. They are the gateway to riches - if solely we will breach their defenses. Hollywood has fueled our fantasies with films that romanticized audacious and wily safecrackers. Bruce Willis fought them in Die Hard 1. Ocean's eleven portrayed them as a sophisticated bunch with an elaborate plan. The Italian Job made it look like the hardest safes aren't any match to the smartest thieves.
Entertaining as they're, these adventures spotlight not just everybody's dream of scooping tens of millions. More importantly, they warn us in regards to the hazard of shedding our personal prized possessions. And it is a fixed menace if we do not take their safety significantly.
In the real world, gun safes, particularly Liberty gun safes, are a tough nut to crack. Burglars hate them for his or her impregnable design and development. This isn't surprising because Liberty pours its sources to continually improve its safes' burglary safety features. They're also subjected to intense testing by Underwriters Laboratories, an independent group that units the worldwide standard for safety and whose certification is the final word seal of toughness and reliability. The UL mark on a Liberty gun secure signifies two issues. It's a warning to safecrackers and an assurance for its owner.
The world's most educated safecrackers do not rob banks but work for Underwriters Laboratories. Liberty Safes hires them not simply to test but to attack its safes and subject them to the worst potential torture. UL technicians use energy saws, slicing torches, crowbars, wrenches, jackhammers, chisels, even nitroglycerin to try to breach the safes' security features. Liberty even provided the safes' blueprints so UL can try to find and concentrate on their weakest factors.
4 grueling assessments had been performed by the UL on Liberty safes inside a set time period:
1. The lock's combination tumblers have been drilled to simulate dialing and try and unlock the protected.
2. The dial was pried off and the lock's tumblers had been knocked out by the back plate to let the locking bolt retract.
three. The deal with shaft was punched in to push out the cam/gear mechanism and bypass the lock.
four. A hole was cut within the aspect of the secure's physique to side punch the locking bolts and break the locking mechanism.
Liberty safes absorbed every conceivable attack that a determined if determined thief might resort to. In the end, Liberty triumphed and each one among its fashions earned UL's coveted Certification.
TOP 10 SECURITY FEATURES TO MAKE A GUN SAFE STAND OUT
Liberty gun safes go the toughest assessments and enjoy very excessive trust ratings because of its proven security measures:
1. Uni-physique building. A novel 2-piece roll form building ensures that there are no seams on the front and sides of the top which is the most weak place for prying or breaking. The again is robotically welded to the body to withstand bending, prying, splitting, slicing, and distortion. The uni-body bends with more accuracy and tighter tolerances for more consistent performance.
2. Composite door. One sheet of steel is laser and punch reduce then folded by a robotic arm. Insulation is put in between the outer and inside steel shells. A composite door has thicker edges making it harder to pry.
3. Internal hinges. Liberty's ball bearing-operated hinges are situated inside the protected and absolutely welded to the physique. Inside hinges stop a safecracker from chopping, tampering, or torching them off. They provide added resistance towards prying or bending of the door and act as an automated door cease to guard against wall damage.
four. UL- listed mechanical, electronic, or biometric locks. Liberty gun safes present three door lock choices, every one coming from Sargent & Greenleaf and certified by Underwriters Laboratories. The mechanical lock has an inner relocker that locks up the final tumbler when tampered with drilling or torching; other protected corporations have no s